Monday, June 19, 2017

Who holds your mirror?

Last Friday, several friends and I got together for breakfast. Not unusual, I know, but what makes this group unique is that we all started out as business colleagues and are now close friends. We meet for breakfast once a quarter and use our time together to talk about everything from politics to civic issues to what's going on in our respective businesses. Our ranks include those who have started their own businesses to those who have risen through the ranks of large corporations.

I, personally, find this quarterly breakfast to be an injection of much-needed adrenaline as I admire each of these friends, respect their achievements, and closely value their opinions. If I need advice, chances are one or all of the guys around this table are high on the list of folks I would call.

Who's your adrenaline source for your life, be it personal and/or professional? Are there those in your immediate network that you can turn to, on any topic, and know that you'll get their unvarnished objective advice?

Everyone needs a support group in their life. Everyone needs to have the mirror held up to their face by someone they respect.

Who's your mirror holder? If you don't have one, I suggest you fill that position right now!

(Editor's note: Want to know more? Let's talk - I'd welcome the chance to chat about my thoughts on networking and managing your career.)


No comments:

Post a Comment